Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weekend fun

These are flowers from our yard. Inspite of my best efforts to neglect these roses, they just keep growing.
Lovely aren't they?
Dahlia let me wake her up early Saturday morning so we could go to the farmers market.
Here we are, stunning the crowds with our beauty.

The farmer's market is so fun. I get such a kick out of buying fresh locally grown produce. Tonight for dinner we had seitan with roasted fresh asparagus, and wild brown rice with strawberry, rhubarb crisp for dessert. All ingredients bought from the farmer's market. It was delicious! We had never had rhubarb before. It's my new favorite vegetable. I plan on making a crisp with it every week until the season is over.


After our outing, I decided we needed to reorganize our pantry which turned into removing some shelving and painting. Thank God I have little slaves, I mean children.
Before...


During...... who needs this much stuff in their pantry?


After.....


I am reformed! I will never buy too much food again. My pantry will always look this neat and sweet.
I had no less then 10 bags of angel hair pasta. Good lord! Mark says I am just like his mother. I equate my desire to over purchase food with my dad's ability to eat 1 thing for months at a time. I need constant variety and I want all ingredients to anything I may want to make on hand. It's a problem, but I am cured.

Otis' has just found knock knock jokes. His current favorite is, "Knock, knock. Who's there? Banana. Banana who? Banana eat up the whole world." Yep that's it. He thinks it is hilarious and he will laugh every time. Imagine this very funny joke being told over and over again. It only gets funnier. Believe me.
nicole

No comments: